Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quotes from the Screen Actors Guild Awards

LOS ANGELES (AP) ? Quotes from the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.

___

"I'm just so thrilled I have dental." ? Best supporting actress winner Anne Hathaway after accepting her Screen Actors Guild award for her role in "Les Miserables."

___

"Just tape the 'Big Bang Theory' for once, for crying out loud." ? Best supporting comedy actress winner Tina Fey, whose show "30 Rock" is ending its run this week and is going up against a show more popular in the ratings.

___

"If I made him laugh a couple of times, I think he'd be happy enough with that." ? Best actor winner Daniel Day-Lewis on what President Abraham Lincoln might think of his performance.

___

"To me this has nothing to do with me, it has to do with the incredible people who were in this movie." ? Ben Affleck, whose film "Argo" won for best movie cast.

___

"You can probably tell from my public speaking that I haven't gotten that much advice. I'm still waiting to get a couple tips on how to shut up." ? Best actress winner Jennifer Lawrence, joking backstage with reporters.

___

"We are so not expecting this. Ahhhh, shut the French Windows. Will somebody grab this?" ? Penelope Wilton, accepting the best drama ensemble Screen Actors Guild award for "Downtown Abbey."

___

"Oh, and my husband and my baby!" ? Best actress in a drama series winner Claire Danes, who shouted thanks to her family after her acceptance speech appeared to be over and her fellow actors had started clapping.

___

"Oooh, It is so good to be bad. I am so pleased and so honored to receive this award." ? Best actor in a drama series winner Bryan Cranston, who received his first Screen Actors Guild Award on Sunday night for "Breaking Bad."

___

"Oh my God. It's ridiculous." ? Alec Baldwin on his seventh consecutive Screen Actors Guild win for best male actor in a comedy series for "30 Rock."

___

"I'm sorry sir to have overlooked you. I know how it feels." ? Affleck, talking to a reporter backstage and referencing his Oscar snub.

___

"My wonderful colleagues, every single cast member gave their characters the kiss of life. Have no doubt that this is an ensemble award." Day-Lewis on his co-stars in "Lincoln."

___

"Aren't we lucky that we found a line of work that doesn't require growing up?" ? Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement award recipient Dick Van Dyke, who received a lengthy standing ovation from his fellow actors.

___

"Now I have this naked statue that means some of you even voted for me, and that is an indescribable feeling. Thank you." Lawrence, speaking to fellow actors who awarded her a trophy for her performance in "Silver Linings Playbook."

___

"I remember posing for this a while back." ? Cranston, joking backstage with reporters while admiring his award, which is called The Actor.

___

Associated Press Writers Anthony McCartney, Christy Lemire and Beth Harris contributed to this report.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/quotes-screen-actors-guild-awards-021749084.html

easter recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment