Thursday, January 10, 2013

Effectively Promote Your Book Through Your Blog | Writing and ...

After an event where I speak, such as the one last weekend in Rancho Mirage, California, I often get questions from attendees. Well, I solicit questions. I let folks know that I have an ?open door? email policy. And when I hear from these authors and hopeful authors, I do my best to respond in a helpful way to their questions and concerns. Yesterday, a gentleman wrote and asked me: ?Are there proven ways to effectively use a blog for promotion??

Here?s the gist of my response:

I?m not sure that there are any ?proven? ways. However, certainly, some bloggers have been successful with a particular approach when selling a specific type of book to a particular audience. I can?t imagine there being a blanket technique that would work for all bloggers/authors and all books, except, of course, be helpful, give what you can by way of resources and other materials and be consistent.

If you blog haphazardly?only once in a while, for example?you won?t have as many followers as you will when you have a consistent and frequent blogging schedule.

Here?s what I suggested to this author. Find some of the most successful bloggers on the Internet who are promoting books and material like yours. Isolate those bloggers that are getting the most comments, that are ranked high in a google search, etc. Then follow them. Find out what they are doing different to make their blog so popular. In other words, spy on your competition.

Is there anything you would add to this response?

Have you ordered your copies of my books yet? Let me give you a rundown:
Publish Your Book, for authors who are starting out or are struggling in the industry. This book helps hopeful and struggling authors to understand more about the publishing industry (sooooo important). It provides a great section on publishing options and walks you through a process of choosing the best option for you and for your book. It also goes into distribution and marketing. Contact me if you have questions about what this book covers. It should be at every author?s elbow throughout the process of writing, publishing and marketing a book and beyond.

Promote Your Book offers over 250 proven book promotion techniques and resources for all authors of fiction and nonfiction. If you are an author or plan to be soon and you want to sell your book to a large segment of readers, you MUST educate yourself about book promotion. And the earlier the better.

Talk Up Your Book is for authors who need more confidence, skill and techniques when it comes to public speaking and communication?a highly important aspect of book promotion. Personality sells books. This means that readers more readily buy books from authors they meet and like.

Order all of these books at amazon.com, my website or any online or downtown bookstore.
http://www.matilijapress.com

Source: http://www.matilijapress.com/publishingblog/?p=2476

Trick or Treat Amy Weber Happy Halloween! Star Wars Episode 7 miranda lambert luke bryan NBA

No comments:

Post a Comment